There are no technical difficulties with this recipe. It is simple, clean and super delicious. A sweet tangy tropical salad with a touch of red chilli on a hot summer’s day (or night), honestly there is nothing not to like about it.
This salad goes well with any grilled meat or at a backyard barbeque. Grill some meat and add this salad to go with it and life is just perfect. No need to stay cooped up on a hot summer’s day inside the kitchen to whip something up….. just bring it all outdoors if you have an outdoor grill that is! Easy clean up & deliciousssss food.
Only a few ingredients are needed to whip this salad up. This is what I have learned, when you keep things simple and use quality ingredients, unrefined salt and fresh organic produce food simply tastes amazing. You really don’t have to do much to it. This salad doesn’t even need a salad dressing. The juices from the pineapple and onion after you add the salt will coat the salad, yes this a salad which makes it’s OWN dressing. Seriously.
You simply have to try it.
Sweet, Tangy & a little Spicy Pineapple and Cucumber Salad – Serves 4
- 2 cucumbers – cut into thin slices
- small pineapple – skin and core removed and cut into thin wedges similar size to the cucumber
- 1 red chilli with seeds in (if you like it less spicy take the seeds out) – cut into thin slices
- 1 small red onion – cut into thin slices
- a handful of chopped coriander
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
OK this is how you roll :
- Toss everything except the coriander together with salt in a large bowl.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of coriander before serving with your grilled meat of choice.
See how easy that was? Yup, I was not kidding when I say it is an easy recipe and I am not kidding when I say it is a super yummy salad either. Here’s to more time to enjoy summer outdoors and less time sweating in the kitchen!
So did you try or would you try this easy and delish salad recipe? I would love to hear your comments below!